Urnex Cafiza 20oz Espresso Machine Cleaner - Case of 12
Urnex Cafiza 20oz Espresso Machine Cleaner
Click here for smaller quantities:
Case of 12
Keep your espresso machine sparkling clean or residual build up can adversely affect the quality of the espresso it produces. Cafiza Espresso Machine Cleaner Powder by Urnex is an integral part of the daily
maintenance routine for espresso machines.
Specifically formulated for effective use in the back flush cleaning process, Cafiza is designed to combine maximum solubility and cleaning power with easy rinsability.
It is recommended for use with a wide-range of traditional espresso machines and is also NSF certified for metal compatibility and safety.
We use this product regularly on our espresso equipment following the instructions below.
Directions for Use:
We recommend that you contact the manufacturer of the equipment you own to confirm that this product is safe to use.
Commercial Espresso Machines - Back Flush (each group head):
- Insert blind filter in portafilter and add up to 1/2 teaspoon (3 g) of Cafiza powder.
- Insert portafilter into group head.
- Activate brew cycle for 10 seconds. Stop 10 seconds. Repeat 5 times.
- Remove portafilter.
- Activate brew cycle and rinse portafilter in stream of water from group head for at least 1 minute.
- Stop cycle.
- Insert portafilter into group head. Repeat step (2) without Cafiza powder 5 times.
- Make and discard a cup of espresso to ensure no residue remains.
- Soak filters and metal of portafilter for 30 minutes in 1 teaspoon (6 g) of Cafiza powder per 32 oz.
(1 L) of hot water. Rinse with clean hot water.